I feel like the best thing I could have done was to separate myself from theknot.com. It was fun to have someplace to go where there were people planning their weddings at the same time that I was, but I really should have just quit cold turkey. The worst part was having all of those professional pictures shoved down my throat day after day, and knowing that not only did have have none of my own, I didn't have any pictures of that day that I liked. It's been a week since I have been there, and I already feel better about not having those professional pictures. I know that I will always regret it, but at least I feel like I am ready to move on.
I will still tell anyone who asks my opinion to not skimp on the photographer. Even if it means having to cut back in other places, it's worth it - I know that I would have rather had a photographer than a DJ, but how was I to know that at the time? Those memories are too important to not capture on film, and what I have to live with is looking at the snapshots that others took, and knowing that I didn't look as beautiful as I felt. I've said a few times since my wedding day that I am ugly when I am happy, and to look at any of those snapshots, you know I am right.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment