Wednesday, August 16, 2006

I borrowed this from EDog's blog (which I would love to hyperlink to, but I'm not that cool, so you'll have to follow this link if you want to read it: http://ianthealy.blogspot.com/). It kind of puts things in perspective, I think.


Out of (on average) three-hundred million sperm cells, only one succeeded in fertilizing the egg that became you, transferring its genetic code to make a wholly-unique mixture and making you different from all the other six-point-five billion people on this planet. Every day you are subjected to (let's say conservatively) ten thousand variables that could alter your life in some way. Suppose you're eighteen years old...300,000,000 x 6,500,000,000 x 10,000 x 365.25 x 18You are a one in 128,202,750,000,000,000,000,000,000 chance of existing as who you are at this moment in time. That's 128.2 septillion and change. If that doesn't make your existence miraculous, I don't know what does.

That's about as interesting as I'm getting tonight. I'm tired. And cranky.

1 comment: